The two most important variables you'll face in a job like this are the square footage of your house (and, therefore, your roof) and the type of roofing material you choose. Typically, roofing materials account for 40% of your overall roof estimate, while the other 60% goes to the amount of work and time spent on your roof. If you want to see if your roof qualifies for an insurance-covered roof replacement, schedule a free inspection today. However, you won't know the exact cost until you get a local roofing contractor to give you an estimate of the roof replacement.
The Bill Ragan Roofing team has repaired, maintained and replaced all the different types of roofing materials in the Nashville area since 1990. Unless you're a licensed roofing contractor, your insurance company probably won't reimburse you for roof repairs or replacement. The typical breakdown of roofing costs is 40% for materials and 60% for labor, although the roofing materials you choose can also affect labor costs. This makes slate one of the most expensive types of roofing materials on the market to replace roofs.
Prices for materials and roofing are generally measured in roofing squares, which are areas of 10 by 10 feet of 100 square feet. The cost of a new roof depends largely on where you live, the square footage of your home, and the roofing material you choose. After that, you'll learn about the cost per square foot of 4 common types of roofing materials that will help you determine what type of roof fits your budget. Poor quality materials and inexperienced contractors can reduce the life of your roof, cause constant roof problems, and request a complete replacement sooner than expected.
This is your complete guide to buying a roof to learn everything you need to know about your next roof replacement and make all the right decisions. Roofing guarantees with the roofing contractor are often worthwhile because they include annual checks and any minor repairs, such as a lack of shingles or masking. But to get the most out of your investment in metal roofing, I would recommend opting for a metal roof system with vertical seam. The final price depends on the height and slope of the roof, the size of the house, the size of the roof surface, the roof material and the geographical location.